If you would like to pursue another contract with an existing client, you can create and send a new contract with new terms directly for their review.
Once your proposal is sent, clients can respond with a final offer.
Propose a New Contract to an Existing Client
You can propose a new contract to your past and current clients on Upwork.
- Choose where to propose your contract. There are three places.
- Messages (all past clients)
- My Jobs (if you have a current contract with the same client)
- My Jobs › All Contracts (all current and past clients)
- Choose the (...) options menu.
- Click Propose New Contract.
- You can only submit one proposal per client at a time.
- You cannot propose a new contract to clients without at least one payment on a contract with you
- You cannot propose a new contract to Enterprise clients
Notifying the Client
Anytime you propose a new contract, we automatically notify your client by both emailing them and sending a note via Upwork Messages. It will display in their Pending Contracts.
Your client can then choose to approve the proposal, make a counteroffer, or decline the proposal.
Withdraw a Proposed Contract
Proposed contracts can't be edited, but they can be withdrawn.
- Go to My Jobs.
- Select the proposed contract in the Pending Contracts section.
- Click the Withdraw button to delete the proposal.
If you withdraw a proposed contract, you can choose to submit a new one in its place.