Available Soon! Read more about this new feature on the Community Forum.
Already discussing next steps with your client? Speed up the process by creating and sending them a contract for consideration. Your client can then approve the terms and send you a final offer for acceptance. This is similar to the rehire function the client already has, but it allows you to propose new terms for the next contract.
Propose a New Contract to an Existing Client
You can propose a new contract three places:
- Messages (all past clients)
- My Jobs (if you have a current contract with the same client)
- My Jobs > All Contracts (all current and past clients)
Go to one of the pages above, find a contract or room with that client, click the More Options or Actions menu and choose "Propose New Contract." You can only submit one proposal per client at a time.
Proposing a new contract is not permitted for:
- Clients without at least one payment on a contract with you
- Enterprise clients
Notifying the Client
Anytime you propose a new contract we automatically notify your client by both emailing them and sending a note via Upwork Messages. They will also see it listed for review in their "Pending Contracts."
Your client then has several options: they can approve the proposal, make a counteroffer, or decline the proposal.
Withdraw a Proposed Contract
Proposed contracts can't be edited, but they can be withdrawn (and replaced with a new, revised version, if necessary).
- Go to My Jobs
- Select the proposed contract in the Pending Contracts section
- Click the "Withdraw" button to delete the proposal