Specialized profiles allow you to tailor your profile to your audience and to create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. For example, you can separate out the work you've done as a mobile game developer from your work as a translator or graphic designer.
Create or Change a Specialized Profile
After you’ve created a specialized profile, your options are:
- View: Shows a preview of how your specialized profile will look to clients
- Unpublish: Hides your specialized profile so only you can see it
- Delete: Completely removes your specialized profile (cannot be recovered)
- Edit: Each section of a profile will have an Edit or Add option that allows you to make updates and changes. You can switch between profiles at the top to edit the parts that are customized to that profile view.
On each specialized profile you’ll set:
- A title, overview, and rate
- Which portfolio and work history items show (general has all, specialized shows just the relevant ones of your choosing)
- More detail about the type of skills you have within a job category
The rest of the parts of the profiles (except those listed above) will be the same across profile views:
- Educational background, employment history, certifications, other experience, languages, availability
- Portfolio project details (you don’t have to show all projects on specialized profiles, but their titles, attachments, and other details will be the same everywhere they appear)
- Job Success Score
If you edit a shared part of your profile, the changes will show across on all profile views.
Your profile will contain an indicator that you have other specialized profiles, and the client will have the option to switch between those versions when viewing your profile (similar to how you switch between versions when editing your profile).
While viewing your specialized profile, you can use the Copy link button to send a unique link to your specialized profile. This link is unique to each of your specialized profiles.