When you need to add expert talent to your Design & Creative, Sales & Marketing, or Development & IT team, Talent Scout is a great solution.
With Talent Scout, our specialized recruiters find pre-vetted talent for you –– you don’t have to post a job or shop projects in Project Catalog.
Talent Scout recruiters are available at no cost to you — you tell us about your needs, and the hard and soft skills you’re looking for. Then we hand-select several pre-screened, expert talent and work with you to closely manage the hiring process.
Note: To start, we are only offering Talent Scout to clients in search of talent with skills in the following categories: Design & Creative, Sales & Marketing, or Development & IT. We plan to expand this service in the future.
Use Talent Scout to Find a Freelancer
- Click here to get started. Then tell us a few details about what you need, and set a time to talk to one of our recruiters.
- Next, you’ll meet with your recruiter. They’ll come armed with a list of vetted freelancers and answers to all the questions you may have.
- Then you’ll be ready to interview and hire. You’ll control the interviewing and hiring process, but we’ll be right there to help, if needed.
The Benefits of Using Talent Scout
- Talent Scout recruiters take the time to understand who you’re looking for and what you want to achieve.
- You’ll get hands-on assistance to pinpoint the right talent for you, and without the high cost of a traditional staffing agency.
- With our vast network of skilled professionals we’re able to deliver a shortlist of scouted talent quickly, saving you time and energy.
- With your personalized Talent Scout Dashboard on Upwork, you are always in control. View shortlisted profiles with the ability to comment, choose, or reject.
How much does Talent Scout cost?
Talent Scout is a free recruiting service –– we are happy to help you connect with pre-vetted, expert talent –– you just pay any freelancer contract costs.
How are you vetting these freelancers?
Freelancers will interview with a specialized recruiter and be asked to share their portfolio and take any needed assessments to test their skills. We also look at their experience, education, existing skills, and Upwork reputation (such as their feedback and Job Success Score).
What if I don’t want to hire any of the freelancers on the shortlist of scouted talent?
No problem! Your recruiter will work quickly to give you a list of additional freelancers.
I’m an Enterprise client, is this different from my Talent Cloud?
Talent Scout is essentially Enterprise a la carte. It gives clients who aren’t on an Enterprise plan the option to use our talent recruiting service.
Is Talent Scout available for all clients and freelancers?
Talent Scout is available to clients in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, and Israel, and open to freelancers globally.
How is Talent Scout different from the Expert-Vetted talent program?
Both require a freelancer to go through a similar vetting process, including skill reviews and an interview. But with the Expert-Vetted Talent program, freelancers need to be invited and complete a more thorough interview process.
What’s the difference between a Talent Scout and Talent Specialist help?
Talent Scout recruiters offer a higher-level of service and will guide you through the entire process, without you needing to post a job. They will have a video meeting with you to gather details, present a shortlist, help you interview, and create the contract.
Will Talent Scout assist with any future job/freelancer issues I may have?
Our Talent Scout team is made up of recruiters who can help you through the hiring process. If you have any issues after that, our support team will be there to assist you.
How can I get in touch with my Talent Scout? Are they available 24/7?
Once a recruiter is assigned to you, they will reach out directly by email. You’ll be able to contact them by email 24/7, and they’ll reply asap. If you have any concerns about availability, please let them know when you first talk.