As you develop work relationships here, you’ll want to keep track of talent. Whether it’s freelancers or agencies you’ve worked with before, or ones that caught your eye but weren’t exactly what you were looking for at that particular time, you want to be able to find who you need, when you need them. That's why we've built lists into Virtual Talent Bench — so you can keep track of all your talent in one place.
You can create and share up to 100 lists to organize freelancer profiles around your unique needs.
Creating a list
To make lists as accessible as possible, you can create them in a number of ways. The first is from your home page:
- Go to Talent > Saved talent
- Select the plus sign next to Your Lists
You can also create a new list while browsing talent by choosing the heart button and then "Create List." Or select the "Create a List" button on most pages in the Talent menu.
When you create a list, you can give it a unique name — a type of skill, an upcoming project, or anything else that will help you keep track of talent. For lists that require more context, you can add a description as well.
Adding talent to your list
Freelancer profiles and freelancer tiles in search results have a heart button at the top right corner. Choose this button to select a list (or make a new one) that you want to add that freelancer to.
Editing a list
You can edit a custom list at any time. To do so:
- Go to Saved talent and choose "Your lists" (in the left column)
- Select the list to edit
- Choose the (...) button and select "Edit list details"
You will also find the "Delete this list" option here, if needed.
Sharing a list
You can share the lists you’ve created with people on and off Upwork. To do so:
- Go to Saved talent and choose "Your lists"
- Select the list to share
- Select the Share list button on the top right
- You can switch between two tabs at the top
- With coworkers will allow you to share with those who have already joined Upwork, or choose Share with anyone to share with someone who isn’t on Upwork.
- With teams allows you to share more widely. Choose Add team and select from the dropdown to share with a team within your company
- Sharing permissions are Viewer by default, but you can change the level of access for each selection by changing the dropdown to Commenter or Editor
Logged-in users will be able to view the list and save it as their own. Logged-out users, or those who don’t have an Upwork profile, will just be able to view the list.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can share a list by going to the list, then selecting the share button on the top right corner. Choose the With coworkers to create a sharable link that you can change permissions on, or choose Share with anyone to create a link for someone who hasn’t joined Upwork yet.
If you share a list, others can see the members of the list but not the notes or tags. When sharing, you can change permissions to viewer, commenter, or editor. Only Upwork users will be able to comment or edit.
Yes, you can change the permissions at any time.