If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private (learn more). Request your visibility be resumed (for free) by clicking here.
The visibility settings in your profile allow you to decide where and when potential clients can view your Upwork profile. When you change your visibility settings it can take up to one day for the change to be viewable in the Upwork marketplace and several days for the change to take effect with search engines. If you plan to go on vacation, take a leave of absence, or otherwise wish to avoid receiving invitations or offers from potential clients, be sure to set yourself as Not Available.
To change your profile visibility and access
- Go to Settings > Profile Settings.
- Choose a Visibility option from the drop-down menu.
The options are
- Public – Your profile will be visible to the entire Internet including clients, freelancers, and visitors. It’s also visible to search engines such as Google and Bing. Use this option if you want anyone with Internet access to be able to view your Upwork profile.
- Only Upwork Users – Only logged-in Upwork members can find your profile and it’s hidden from search engines.
- Private – Your profile will be excluded from the Upwork marketplace and search engines. This means clients won’t see you when they search for freelancers and your profile will be accessible only through your proposals or contracts. It won't be accessible via your profile’s direct URL.