If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private (learn more). Request your visibility be resumed (for free) by clicking here.
The visibility settings in your profile allow you to decide where and when potential clients can view your Upwork profile. When you change your visibility settings it can take up to one day for the change to be viewable in the Upwork marketplace and several days for the change to take effect with search engines. If you plan to go on vacation, take a leave of absence, or otherwise wish to avoid receiving invitations or offers from potential clients, be sure to set yourself as Not Available.
To change your profile visibility and access
- Go to Find Work
- Click the ✎ icon next to Visibility in the My Profile panel
- Choose a Visibility option and click OK
The options are
- Public – Your profile will be visible to the entire Internet including clients, freelancers, and visitors. It’s also visible to search engines such as Google and Bing. Use this option if you want anyone with Internet access to be able to view your Upwork profile.
- Only Upwork Users – Only logged-in Upwork members can find your profile and it’s hidden from search engines.
- Private – Your profile will be excluded from the Upwork marketplace and search engines. This means clients won’t see you when they search for freelancers. People who are not logged into Upwork will not be able to access your profile via a direct link. People who are logged into Upwork and have access to your direct profile link will only be able to see your first name, last initial, title, photo, rate, city, and country.
* It may take up to 1 week for your profile to stop/start appearing in search engine results if you have changed your profile visibility settings. If you have changed your profile visibility from Public to Only Upwork Users or Private and are still appearing in Google search results, you can put in a manual request to by using the Google Search Console.