To end a contract:
- Go to the Jobs tab and click All Contracts
- Click the contract you want to end
Please consider the following before you end a contract:
- The system locks your freelancer’s Work Diary immediately.
- You will be billed for your freelancer's hours but may dispute them according to the usual weekly billing cycle.
- Both you and your freelancer can leave feedback. It is a double-blind system. Your freelancer can't see the feedback you left them until after they have left feedback for you.
- Freelancers can give a refund on any active or ended contract for payments made within the last 180 days.
Several important (and irreversible) things happen when you end a contract. All Upwork users have the freedom to end a contract any time, but please talk to your freelancer first because it is always best if everyone is aware of what's going on and in agreement about it.
Here are some best practices for ending the contract positively:
- Discuss the work with your freelancer. Has the work been completed to your satisfaction?
- If the contract was hourly, give the freelancer the opportunity to check the current week's Work Diary and make adjustments, if necessary. This can help you both avoid a dispute later.
- If this is a fixed-price contract, you'll have the opportunity to make a payment on the end contract form.