Activities are used to tag your freelancer's time to different tasks, projects, or other trackable items within a single hourly contract. Freelancers can select from these labels when tracking time to help organize your report. You can also edit Activities in your freelancer's Work Diaries if you prefer to handle it yourself.
The Activities system has been designed to handle
- Tracking time on multiple activities for a particular freelancer.
- Tracking time on a particular activity across multiple freelancers.
- Tracking time on multiple activities across multiple freelancers.
Activities can be controlled from
- Activities Management: Go to Reports then select Budgets and click on Manage Activity Codes. This is the main page where you will create Activities and assign them to contracts. You can also archive Activities that are no longer in use. Data for archived Activities will stay in reports and they may be unarchived to be used again.
- Contract Room: On the Terms & Settings page in a Contract Room you can view and edit the list of Activities that are assigned to the contract. This is where you can assign many Activities to a contract at once.
- Work Diary (View/Edit): The Activity will be displayed above the screenshots with the Memo in the form "[Activity]:[Memo]." Click on the Activity to edit it.
What is the difference between an Activity and a memo?
The difference depends on who creates them:
- Activities are client-defined categories or labels. You can be required to select from these labels when tracking time to enable organized reporting for the client. Clients can edit Activities in the Work Diary.
- Memos are written by freelancers to describe what they are working on while they log time. Clients can't edit freelancers' memos.
Activities and memos may be used together to complement each other and enhance transparency.
Enterprise Hiring Managers
Please contact your account team to set up Activities.