Clients are able to negotiate with their freelancers whether or not their freelancers can bill manual time. Clients can then set controls to allow or disallow manual time. If disallowed, a freelancer who finds a need to enter manual time can submit a request for their client to enable it. You can enable or disable manual time from the beginning, or as needed during the contract. Changes take effect for the freelancer immediately.
On the hire form:
- The Enable Manual Time checkbox is selected by default.
- Deselect it to disable manual time for you freelancer.
On the Contract Details page:
- Go to Jobs and find the paused contract.
- In the Actions list, choose View Contract.
- Look for the Allow Manual Time section and click Change.
In a Manual Time Request message from a freelancer:
- The freelancer will offer an explanation why they need to add manual time.
- If you agree, use the convenient link available in the message to enable manual time.
Freelancers often use manual time to account for hours on offline tasks—sketching or making phone calls, for example—or anything that can't be accurately represented on their Work Diary. Although all time in the Work Diary is billed automatically, manual time doesn’t qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection.