Upwork officially supports the current version of these browsers
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
- iOS (Safari) – current and most recent previous versions
- Android OS (Chrome) – current and most recent previous versions
All users, regardless of browser, must enable TLS protocols to securely access the Upwork website and app. Upwork has disabled SSL protocols as outdated and insufficiently secure. This is generally only an issue on older Windows systems.
If you are on a Windows PC and have a fast and stable Internet connection but still experience SSL error messages when visiting Upwork.com or a full cache in the Upwork desktop app, please check that you have TLS protocols enabled. Upwork has disabled SSL protocols as outdated and insufficiently secure (for example, SSL is vulnerable to POODLE attacks). All Windows users must have TLS protocols enabled to securely access the Upwork website and app.
To Enable TLS on Windows
- Open your Control Panel, select Internet Options, then click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Security section of the Settings list. Uncheck the boxes to disable all SSL protocols and check the boxes enable all TLS protocols.