All Upwork freelancers can join groups. Each group has different membership rules and criteria. When freelancers apply to join, the group administrator reviews the application. Approval and rejection of applications is at their sole discretion. Upwork doesn’t determine who can or can’t join a group. If you join a group, your profile will be marked with a membership badge of the group logo.
To apply for membership to a group
- Go to the Groups program page.
- Select the group you want to join and click its name..
- Click the Join this Group button.
- If you meet the displayed criteria, enter your message, and then click the Join Group button to send it to the group administrator.
To leave a group
- Visit the Group’s Upwork page.
- Click Member Settings link.
- Click Leave Group.