Upwork accepts the following billing methods to pay for memberships:
Credit or Debit Card
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- Credit, debit, and Payoneer cards are all acceptable, as long as they have a sufficient available balance.
- Verified, active PayPal account in good standing. PayPal student accounts are not eligible. The PayPal verification process varies somewhat from country to country. Learn more.
- Because PayPal as a billing method isn't available to all freelancers, the option to use PayPal will only appear in the Add a Billing Method form if it is available to you.
You will add your billing method the first time you upgrade to a Plus plan. To do so, or to add another billing method later:
- Go to the Accounts menu > Settings > Billing Methods
- Click the Add a Billing Method button.
- Click the Set Up button and enter your billing information.
You can only have one billing method in use at a time. But you can add multiple billing methods to your account and switch between them as needed. To change which billing method is primary (in use):
To remove a billing method:
You can remove billing methods at any time. However, to avoid interruption to your Plus plan, you must have at least one billing method available.