To make it easy to find the projects that match your skills, you can search for jobs in several different ways and save ones that you are interested in applying for later.
Perform a job search
We suggest you try several search combinations and a variety of filters to find the projects you're looking for. Your search results include a “Filter By” menu on the left. Some filter options include:
- Hourly Rate
Number of Proposals
To refine your search even further, use the Advanced Search function, which automatically applies complex search logic to your search keywords.
Create a saved search for your job feed
- Perform a search and filter as desired.
- Click the Save Search button at the top of your search results.
- Give your saved search a name. This will become the name of the corresponding saved search feed.
Once you have saved a search, a job feed will appear on Find Work Home. Jobs matching the saved search keywords and filters will appear within the feed. The My Feed jobs feed will contain all the jobs matching your saved searches. You can also access, edit, or delete your saved search criteria by clicking into the search box while on the search results page and selecting it from the menu that appears.
Remember to check your saved filters to keep them up-to-date.
Save a job search to your RSS or Atom feed
You can turn any search into an RSS or Atom feed to receive automatic updates in a third-party feed reader. Each feed will return up to 50 results per update.
Save a feed from the Find Work home page:
- Click on the three dot menu on the Find Work page. It is available on every feed — “My Feed,” “Best Matches,” and so on.
- Select the RSS or Atom link from the menu.
Save a feed from the Job Search page:
- Perform a search on the Job Search page and filter as desired
- Click on the RSS or Atom link at the upper left hand corner of the search results
Save a job to view later
We know you don’t always have time right now to submit a proposal, so you can save a job and do it later. Saving a job will add it to your saved jobs list.
- Find a job you are interested in, either from the Find Work home page or the Job Search page
- Click the heart button next to a job on the search page, or the Save Job button in the job details
- The job will be added to your Saved Jobs list
The Upwork job search algorithm matches your query to the content of job posts, including category, skills, title, and description.
You can conduct a search by inputting your target keywords into the search box or by using the Advanced Search function. Once you start typing in the search box, you can select one of the autosuggestions in the dropdown to help you find what you need faster.
Once you’ve conducted a search, you can use filters to narrow down the results to the jobs you’re most interested in.
You can save a search to easily view new jobs matching your criteria right on the Find Work home page, and update or tweak your saved searches on the Job Search page.
Boolean search works by applying complex logic to keywords and keyword strings. Our Advanced Search function automatically applies Boolean operators to your searches.
To learn how Projects search works, click here.
If you’re not happy with the results of your searches, click the thumbs down button in the search results. We actually use this feedback to make improvements, so be sure to give specific details.