Adding a professional video to your profile is an excellent way to market your relevant experience and expertise to prospective clients. You can give your proposals a competitive edge by uploading a video that is polished and concisely showcases your skills.
To add a video to your profile:
- Go the Find Work tab, and click the Edit Your Profile link.
- Scroll down to the Overview section and click the Add Video link.
- Paste your YouTube video link into the box.
- Choose a video type and click the Submit button.
Adding a video to your profile is optional, but if you want to take full advantage of this feature you’ll want to create a high-quality video that highlights your expertise. If your video is off topic or unprofessional, including a video could hurt rather than help your chances of landing a project.
Guidelines for Profile Videos
- Upload to YouTube (currently Upwork only supports YouTube URLs).
- Disable monetization via YouTube (no ads on your video).
- Adhere to all other existing Upwork Terms of Service.
You can check out tips on creating a profile video in the Hiring Headquarters.