Does this look different from what’s on your account? Don’t worry! Some new features are being released on a rolling basis; you may be next to see them!
The Rising Talent badge highlights some of the best new members in the Upwork marketplace!
As Rising Talent, new freelancers and agencies can quickly get started, grow their client base, and establish their freelance reputation on our platform.
The dedicated Rising Talent badge will display on your profile and proposals. You’ll also get the following benefits.
- Reduced fees (starting at 10%) on Featured Jobs
- A one-time bonus of 30 free Connects for you to submit more proposals to clients
- Access to chat and ticket support from a specialized customer support team
Once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.
Become Rising Talent
Rising Talent freelancers are highlighted for having great potential. They usually have strong backgrounds in their fields and early success with Upwork clients. Rising Talent agencies are new agencies that either have strong backgrounds in their industries or were an agency started by Top Rated freelancers.
New freelancers who qualify to become Rising Talent are invited via email.
If you received an invite, you can follow the link in your email to take the Upwork Readiness Test and get your badge.
To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:
- Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
- Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
- Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
- Keep your availability status up-to-date
- Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
- Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
- Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
In addition, agencies must also have:
- 2 or more team members
- Maintain a 100% complete agency profile
- Maintain a 100% complete agency owner profile
- Maintain a 60% or higher average profile completeness across the agency
Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities available in the market. Even new freelancers who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent.
Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to see the Rising Talent badge on your profile after meeting the qualifications.