In addition to the freelancers who’ve submitted proposals already, Upwork gives you a list of potential freelancer matches. Review the suggestions and send an invitation to the ones you like. They’ll be notified of your interest and have the opportunity to respond with a proposal.
To manage your proposals
- Go to Jobs > My Jobs
- Locate the job you want in your Open Jobs.
- As you review their proposals, take one of these actions:
- Send Message – Contact the freelancer to discuss their proposal (interview and negotiate)
- Hire – Set contract terms and, if accepted, hire the freelancer
- Decline – Notify the freelancer you are not interested and why
- Archive – Hide the proposal from your list without rejecting it