After you post a job, you can wait for freelancers and agencies to find your post and submit a proposal or you can actively search and invite freelancers and agencies to your job.
To invite a freelancer or agency to your job
- Type a query into Search
- Browse and view matching freelancers and agencies
- You can adjust filters to fine-tune search results
- Click to view a profile or select Invite to Job to send an invitation
- Write a brief message and select a relevant job post
- Click Send Invitation
You check your invitations by going to the Jobs Home page, selecting the (...) options menu next to your open job post, then selecting View Proposals.
- Accepted invitations will appear under Review Proposals › Messaged
- Decline invitations will appear under Review Proposals › Archived
To view unanswered invitations, open the Invite Freelancers tab.
* Clients on an Upwork Basic account are limited to 3 invites per job post. If you’d like to invite additional freelancers and agencies to your job, consider upgrading to an Upwork Plus account.