After you post a job on Upwork, you can invite freelancers and agencies to apply. Different types of jobs include different numbers of invites to help match you with the most relevant talent.
Invite a freelancer or agency to your job
- Type a query into Search
- Browse and view matching freelancers and agencies
- Adjust filters to fine-tune search results
- Click to view a profile or select Invite to Job to send an invitation
- Write a brief message and select a relevant job post
- Click Send Invitation
Check your invitations by going to the Jobs Home page, selecting the (...) options menu next to your open job post, then selecting View Proposals.
- Accepted invitations will appear under Review Proposals › Messaged
- Declined invitations will appear under Review Proposals › Archived
To view unanswered invitations, open the Invite Freelancers tab.
Invites and job types
Different membership plans and job types include different numbers of invites.
- Upwork Basic members get 15 free invites per job.
- Upwork Plus members get 30 free invites per job. Business and Enterprise membership plans include more invites, too.
- Featured Jobs come with unlimited invites. Upwork Plus members receive one free Featured Job every membership cycle, and Upwork Basic members can pay $29.99 for each Featured Job.
You can upgrade your job post to a “Featured Job” for a one-time fee of $29.99. This applies to that one specific job post and in addition to unlimited invites, your job post will be placed at the top of search results, have a “Featured Job” badge, and one of our Talent Specialists will email you a shortlist of 3 to 5 top freelancers.
Upwork Basic members get 15 free invites per job. If Basic users want more invites, they can upgrade to a Featured Job or to another membership plan such as Upwork Plus.
Typically, invites are delivered instantly. There are instances when messages can be delayed up to an hour due to system updates.