After you post a job, you can wait for freelancers to find your post and submit a proposal or you can actively search and invite freelancers to your job.
To invite a freelancer to your job
- Type a query into Search
- Browse and view matching freelancers
- You can adjust filters to fine-tune search results
- Click to view a profile or select ‘Invite to Job’ to invite a freelancer
- Write a brief message and select a relevant job post
- Click ‘Send Invitation’
You check your invitations by going to the Jobs Home page, selecting the (...) options menu next to your open job post, then selecting ‘View Proposals’.
- Accepted invitations will appear under Review Proposals > Messaged
- Decline invitations will appear under Review Proposals > Archived
To view unanswered invitations, open the ‘Invite Freelancers’ tab.
* Clients on an Upwork Basic account are limited to 3 invites per job post. If you’d like to invite additional freelancers to your job, consider upgrading to a Client Plus account.