After you post a job on Upwork, you can invite freelancers and agencies to apply. Different types of jobs include different numbers of invites to help match you with the most relevant talent.
Invite a freelancer or agency to your job
- Type a query into Search
- Browse and view matching freelancers and agencies
- Adjust filters to fine-tune search results
- Click to view a profile or select Invite to Job to send an invitation
- Write a brief message and select a relevant job post
- Click Send Invitation
Check your invitations by going to the Jobs Home page, selecting the (...) options menu next to your open job post, then selecting View Proposals.
- Accepted invitations will appear under Review Proposals › Messaged
- Declined invitations will appear under Review Proposals › Archived
To view unanswered invitations, open the Invite Freelancers tab.
Invites and job types
Different membership plans and job types include different numbers of invites.
- Upwork Basic members get 3 free invites per job. Some high-value job posts include 6 invites.
- Upwork Plus members get 15 free invites per job. Business and Enterprise membership plans include more invites, too.
- Featured Jobs come with unlimited invites. Upwork Plus members receive one free Featured Job every membership cycle, and Upwork Basic members can pay $29.99 for each Featured Job.
You can upgrade your job post to a “Featured Job” for a one-time fee of $29.99. This applies to that one specific job post and in addition to unlimited invites, your job post will be placed at the top of search results, have a “Featured Job” badge, and one of our Talent Specialists will email you a shortlist of 3 to 5 top freelancers.
Upwork Basic members get 3 free invites per job. If a job post is considered high-value, Basic users get 6 invites. If Basic users want more invites, they can upgrade to a Featured Job or to another membership plan such as Upwork Plus.