After you've reviewed your proposals and found the right freelancer for the job, hiring them is simple.
To hire a freelancer:
- Click the Jobs tab. Locate the job you want in your Open Jobs.
- Click the Hire Freelancer button.
- Fill out the offer form.
- The freelancer will be notified of your offer and could take three actions:
- They could accept the offer, and the hire is complete.
- They could decline your offer and withdraw their proposal.
- They could message you to discuss alternative terms.
Each time you submit an offer, the freelancer has seven days to accept.
You can confirm that your new contract is active by going to the My Jobs tab and check the list of Contracts. If it is an hourly job, your freelancer can’t log time until the start date.
Change or Withdraw an Offer
If you changed your mind after making a freelancer an offer, you can withdraw or change your offer so long as the freelancer hasn’t already accepted it. This includes changing from hourly to fixed-price, or fixed-price to hourly. If the freelancer has accepted your offer, you'll need to end the contract under the My Jobs tab.
To change or withdraw your pending job offer:
- Click the Jobs tab. Locate the job you want in your Pending Offers and click View Offer.
- Click Modify Offer or Withdraw Offer.