The short answer is yes. Here's the long answer–the time it takes to receive direct Upwork-to-bank account payment methods, including ACH, direct to local bank, and wire transfers, are calculated in business days. Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays don't count as business days, so you may experience delays from the usual processing schedule because of U.S. holidays or holidays in your own country if you're not in the U.S. Payments from Upwork to vendors such as PayPal, Payoneer, and M-Pesa should not be affected.
Upwork has users in over 180 countries, so we must depend on you to be aware of the bank holidays in your own country. The U.S. bank holidays are:
- New Year's Day, (Observed), Monday, January 1
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 16
- Presidents' Day, Monday, February 20
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 29
- Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4
- Labor Day, Monday, September 4
- Veterans' Day, (Observed), Friday, November 10
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23
- Christmas Day, Monday, December 25
Please contact your own bank for a list local holidays that could cause payment delays.