PayPal service is one of the approved payment methods on the Upwork platform. To use PayPal, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. If you haven't verified your name yet, be sure that your profile name matches the name on your PayPal account.
- Go to Settings › Get Paid
- Click Add Method
- Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
- Confirm your Upwork and PayPal accounts use the same email address (if needed, update in your Upwork Contact Info)
- You will be redirected to sign in to your PayPal account for verification
- Choose a payment schedule and click Next
For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
Your PayPal account details on Upwork cannot be edited. If your PayPal account has changed, you must add a new payment method and ensure your details on Upwork match your PayPal account information. Don't forget to remove the old payment method at that time, too.
PayPal is a third-party payment vendor. PayPal's features and fees vary depending on your location.