If you lost a device where you were logged into the Upwork app or site (laptop, phone, etc.), please change your password immediately. Make sure the box is checked on the change password form to require all devices where you were logged in to enter the new password to continue to access your account.
To change your password:
- Go to Settings > Password & security
- Click the ✎ icon in the Password section
- For maximum security, leave checked the box to "Require all devices to sign in with new password." This will close out your sessions on all devices until you log back in.
To change your security question:
To reset a forgotten password or security question:
- Make sure you have access to the email address on file with Upwork.
- Click the Forgot Password reset link on the login form or the Forgot Security Question reset link on the security form.
- Enter your email address. We will then send an email which will allow you to reset your password or security question. Be sure to check your spam, junk, and/or trash folders if you can't find the reset email. This email is time sensitive—the reset link will only work for one hour.
- Follow the email's link to set a new password or security question.
If you suspect that someone has compromised your account:
- Change your security question. Do this first.
- Change your password, leaving checked the box to "Require all devices to sign in with new password."
- Then contact Customer Support by clicking here to report the problem.
- Don't share your password or security key with anyone and never allow others to log into your Upwork account.
- Your password and security key are case sensitive.
- Your password and security key should be easy for you to remember and hard for others to guess.