Yes, you can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork! You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed.
Note: You can't have two separate freelancer accounts. But we're working on specialized profiles to allow you to better highlight your different talents.
If you're a freelancer or agency manager now, but would like to hire others as a client:
- Click the Accounts menu and choose Settings.
- Go to Settings > My Teams and choose the Create a Company at the bottom.
- Choose Create a client company.
- Once set up, use the Accounts menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.
If you're a client now, but would like to do work as a freelancer:
- Click the Accounts menu, choose Settings, and then click My Info.
- Click the Create a New Account link at the bottom.
- Select New Freelancer Account.
- Once set up, use the Accounts menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer.