You can pay your freelancers in a number of ways, including the following billing methods:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- We do not accept virtual card numbers, gift cards, and prepaid cards.
- You may be required to verify the amounts of two small charges to your account.
- Not all debit cards can be verified. If this is the case with your debit card, connecting your bank account to PayPal may be an option.
- Ready to add your card? Click here to get started or here to learn more.
- A verified PayPal account is required. Additional eligibility rules apply.
- PayPal verification is immediate upon submitting the registration form.
- Ready to add your PayPal account? Click here to get started or here to learn more.
ACH / Bank Account
- U.S. clients with U.S. bank accounts.
- Limited availability, requires qualifying Upwork history.
- Must also keep a credit card or Paypal as backup billing method.
- Ready to add your bank account? Click here to get started or here to learn more.
It is best to add more than one billing method to avoid account disruption in case a transaction fails.
Please be aware:
- If your billing address is in Australia, Canada, Great Britain, or a Eurozone country, we can charge you in your local currency. Otherwise, you will be charged in U.S. Dollars. Contact your credit card company to determine if foreign transaction fees will apply. If eligible, PayPal can perform the exchange for you and charge you in the currency of your account with them.
- At this time, you cannot pay with Western Union or any other alternative online billing vendors.