For your convenience, Upwork will default to charging credit and debit cards in local currency for clients with billing addresses in:
- Australia (AUD)
- Canada (CAD)
- Great Britain (GBP) or (EUR)
- Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (EUR)
You may opt out if you prefer to pay in U.S. Dollars.
To change your preferred currency for credit or debit card billing:
- Go to the Settings icon and click Billing Methods.
- Click Edit next to the payment method.
- Select your preferred currency for payment and click Save Changes.
Only credit or debit cards qualify for local currency billing.
Alternative flat processing fee option
Do you have more than $910 in payments each month? If so, you can save on fees by using your local currency card as your primary billing method and opting into a flat $25 monthly payment processing fee instead of the standard 2.75%.
To opt in:
- Go to the Accounts menu, choose Settings, and click Billing Methods.
- Under the Payment Processing Fee section, click “View or edit”
- Select the flat monthly fee option.
- Review and confirm your selection.
Once enrolled, if for any reason a payment is made with a different billing method, the standard 2.75% processing fee will apply.