For your convenience, Upwork will default to charging Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit and debit cards in local currency for clients with billing addresses in the following countries.
- Australia (AUD)
- Canada (CAD)
- Great Britain (GBP)
- Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (EUR)
Prices on Upwork are always in U.S. Dollars (USD) and your freelancer will receive U.S. Dollars as payment. Only the billing to your card will be converted to your local currency. You may opt out if you prefer to pay in USD.
* Note: Discover can only be billed in USD.
To change your preferred currency for credit or debit card billing
- Go to Settings > Billing Methods
- Click (...) then select Edit
- Select your preferred currency for payment
- Click Save Changes
To view local currency and USD charge
- Go to the Reports > Transactions
- Choose the Ref ID number for the charge you want to view
- Click View Invoice to see the amount sent to your freelancer (in USD) and the amount charged to your card (in your local currency)