Typically, freelancers wait for the client to end a contract, make any final payments, and leave feedback.
To end your contract
- Go to the My Jobs > click the contract's title
- Select the (...) options menu
- Click End contract
For fixed-price contracts, funds in escrow will be automatically released back to the client if you end the contract.
Once you end a contract
- The system will lock your Work Diary and you can no longer record time.
- Your client will be billed as normal for any hours logged.
- You and your client may leave feedback.
- You may offer a refund for any payments made within the last 180 days.
Reminder: All Upwork users have the ability to end a contract at any time, though it is always best if everyone is aware of what's going on and in agreement about it.