Here are the most common reasons for a failed download and how you can fix each:
- Firewall or proxy server issue – Contact your system administrator to allow access.
- Poor Internet connection – It is important to make sure you have a strong and stable Internet connection before you download.
- No administrator privileges – Check to see if you are the administrator of your computer and that you have enough space on your computer to download the application.
- Inaccurate time/date settings – Check to make sure the time and date settings on your computer are correct.
- Antivirus software is blocking the application – You can temporarily disable your antivirus program for just the time it takes to download, to avoid disruption. It may become necessary to add the Upwork desktop app to your antivirus whitelist.