All billings on your Transaction Report have official invoices that can be downloaded or printed.
The invoices include the Upwork service fee. If an invoice spans two fee tiers, it will show a blended, effective fee rate. For example, if an invoice were for $200 with $100 at the 20% fee tier and $100 at the 10% fee tier, the blended rate would be a 15% fee.
To get an official invoice
- Reports › Transaction History
- Find the item you need
- Click the Reference ID, and then click View Invoice
To bulk download invoices and receipts
- Go to Reports › Transaction History
- It will show a 30-day window by default -- the maximum timeframe for bulk download is one month
- Click the Download Invoices button
Invoices include your client's company name, company owner's name, and the company's contact address. If they have a VAT number, that will be included, too.
Invoices are for record-keeping purposes only. The finance system charges a client's billing method automatically whenever the client has a balance due.