If you have too many failed attempts in a short time period, your account will be blocked as a security measure. Visit Upwork.com and login from there to unblock your account.
If you see this error message, please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to see this, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upwork is temporarily down for maintenance occasionally. Please visit Status.Upwork.com to check the site status.
App Screens Not Loading
If you experience any of the following issues:
- User info cannot be downloaded
- Connecting status doesn’t go away
- No internet connection
Then follow these instructions:
- Confirm you are on a working internet connection (cellular or wifi).
- Confirm you have the latest version of the Upwork mobile app by going to the iTunes App Store or Google Play store.
- Remove the app from the device’s memory (force stop/quit), reopen the app, and try again.
- If the problem persists, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not Receiving Any Message Notifications
If you’re not receiving any Messages notifications via email or the app, you may have disabled them.
- Go to your Messages in the desktop app or Upwork.com.
- Click the gear icon at the top left to open your Message Settings.
- In Desktop and Mobile Notifications, choose an option that isn’t "Never" to enable notifications.
Not Receiving Mobile Notifications
If you are receiving email notifications about Messages, but aren’t receiving mobile app notifications, you may have disallowed push notifications on your device. Please enable notifications in your device settings.
Android Asus ZenFones have a known issue that will not let you receive push notifications unless you have the app running in the background.