Unable to Receive Push Notifications
Push notification issues are some of our users' most common challenges. If you're not receiving these messages, you may need to change your notification settings.
If you use an iOS device, we added a troubleshooting tool within our iOS mobile app to help you update your mobile app notifications.
If you use an Android device, it's important to know that manufacturers customize their operating systems (known as stock ROMs), which changes the way notifications are received. When our app is cleared on such a device, the app and its background services are all shut down. This ultimately disables push notifications.
For more step-by-step instructions, see the guides below.
|iOS||iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch||Apple's Recommended Guidelines|
|Android||Smartphones and tablets made by Xiaomi, Oppo, One Plus, Vivo, Lenovo, Huawei, Samsung, and others||Upwork Community Guide|
Check out the tips below if you're having trouble logging in to the Upwork Mobile App.
|Account Blocked||If you have too many failed attempts in a short time period, your account will be blocked as a security measure.||Visit Upwork.com and log in from there to unblock your account.|
|Connection Error||Connection errors can occur for a number of reasons. If you see this error message, please try again in a few minutes.||Try again in a few minutes. If you continue to have trouble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Upwork Maintenance||Upwork is temporarily down for maintenance occasionally.||Please visit Status.Upwork.com to check the site status.|
App Screens Not Loading
If you experience any of the following issues
- User info cannot be downloaded
- Connecting status doesn’t go away
- No internet connection
Please follow these instructions
- Confirm you are on a working internet connection (cellular or wifi).
- Confirm you have the latest version of the Upwork mobile app. Clients can check the Google Play store here or the iTunes App Store here. Freelancers can check the Google Play Store here or the iTunes App Store here.
- Remove the app from the device’s memory (force stop/quit), reopen the app, and try again.
- If the problem persists, email us at email@example.com.