Push Notification Issues
It’s important for you to know what’s happening in your projects, and push notifications help keep you informed.
If you're not receiving these messages, you may need to change your notification settings for your phone and for the specific app. Airplane mode, data saver, battery saver, and “do not disturb” settings may also affect your notifications.
If you use an iOS device, we added a troubleshooting tool within our iOS mobile app to help you update your notifications.
Certain Android device manufacturers customize their operating systems (known as stock ROMs), which changes the way notifications are received. When the app is cleared on such a device, the app and its background services are typically reset. This will disable push notifications.For more step-by-step instructions, see the guides below.
|iOS||iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch||Apple's Recommended Guidelines|
|Android||Smartphones and tablets made by Xiaomi, Oppo, One Plus, Vivo, Lenovo, Huawei, Samsung, and others||Upwork Community Guide|
Check out the tips below if you're having trouble logging into the Upwork mobile app.
|Account Blocked||If you have too many failed attempts in a short time period, your account will be blocked as a security measure.||Visit Upwork.com and log in from there to unblock your account.|
|Connection Error||Connection errors can occur for a number of reasons. If you see this error message, please try again in a few minutes.||Try again in a few minutes. If you continue to have trouble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Upwork Maintenance||Upwork is temporarily down for maintenance occasionally.||Please visit Status.Upwork.com to check the site status.|
Loading issues present in a few different ways:
- User info cannot be downloaded
- Connecting status doesn’t go away
- No internet connection
If you have any of these issues, follow these instructions:
- Confirm you are on a working internet connection (cellular or Wi-Fi)
- Confirm you have the latest version of the Upwork mobile app. Clients can check the Google Play store here or the iTunes App Store here. Freelancers can check the Google Play Store here or the iTunes App Store here
- Remove the app from the device’s memory (force stop/quit), reopen the app, and try again
- If the problem persists, email email@example.com