As a Top Rated freelancer or agency, you can request to remove feedback from your Job Success Score (JSS) for one ended contract at a time. Additionally, you can choose whether to remove a client's public rating and comment (if any) from your profile.
The following restrictions apply
- Projects performed on Elance are not eligible
- Requests may only be made every 3 months and after 10 or more completed contracts from the time you submitted your previous request
- Your agency must be Top Rated to remove feedback from agency contracts
If removing a contract would cause your JSS to fall, we will leave it in your JSS calculations even if you choose to remove it from your profile. This prevents the hiding of a score/comment from ever negatively impacting your JSS.
Important things to remember
- These changes can only be made to public feedback. Private feedback remains on file, and cannot be edited.
- Your JSS may not change as a result of the feedback removal
- Jobs that are part of the "Reduced Fees with New Clients" promotion are not subject to request limits. To request feedback removal for one of these jobs, please include that the contract is a "Special Offer Job" in your request
- Agency requests must be submitted by the agency owner, business manager, or agency admin
Request Feedback Removal
Once you confirm you meet our eligibility requirements (above), send an email to email@example.com with:
- The contract number you would like to have feedback removed from
- Specify "JSS Only" OR "Hide from Profile and JSS"
- JSS Only – Your public work history won't change. Your profile will still show the public feedback rating, comment, and any response
- Hide on Profile – Your public work history will change. We'll hide the feedback rating and comment from your Work History and replace it with "This feedback has been removed". Any responses to the original feedback will continue to be visible.
The contract will remain visible in your work history and will continue to count towards your total number of jobs. The "removed" job will be excluded from your JSS either way.
In the client’s public job history, the contract will display, “This feedback has been removed.” The feedback will also remain visible in the client's work history.
If you drop out of the Top Rated program because of a dip in your JSS, you have two weeks from your status loss date to submit a feedback removal request. Please submit a screenshot of the email you received confirming you have lost your Top Rated status with your feedback removal request.
You may not have feedback removed if you were removed from the Top Rated program due to a suspension or Terms of Service violation.
To find the contract number go to your Contracts page. Find the contract you'd like to remove and click on it. On the right-hand side of the page, in the Contract Details section, you will find the Contract ID.
The job, including public and private feedback, is removed from your JSS within 7 days after you submit your request. The change will be reflected the next time your score is updated. Your score may or may not improve at that time.
Why? The influence of other contracts added to or aged out of the calculations may outweigh the significance of excluding this particular job. Or the private measures being excluded may not have been as negative as you thought, resulting in little or no boost when they are removed from the calculation. Because of the complex nature of the calculation, there is no guarantee it will improve if you opt to remove a contract's feedback. You can't "undo" the exclusion if your choice fails to boost your score.
You may view a breakdown of all your freelancer stats on the My Stats page.
We only remove the client's star rating and public feedback from your profile. We do not remove your feedback to the client, nor the client's response to any feedback you have left them. This is still visible when you click the job title on your profile.