- About the Program
- Freelancer Eligibility
- Hiring Process
- Contract Terms & Weekly Minimum Earnings
- What makes Team Builder different?
About the Program
The Team Builder program makes it easy for clients to find and hire freelancers who are qualified and motivated to work 30+ hours a week.
Team Builder jobs offer freelancers these perks:
- Submit proposals and commit to larger client projects with confidence
- Clients commit in their contract with you to paying 30 hours per week minimum
- Projects generally expected to last more than 3 months
Because this is a beta program, only clients who post jobs that meet certain criteria will be offered the program. The program is currently available to clients who post a job that:
- Requires 30 hours or more a week
- Lasts more than 3 months
- Verified billing method
You must have Top Rated or Rising Talent status to be considered. In addition, you should be willing to work at least 30 hours per week on any contract you accept with a client through the group.
You will receive an email inviting you to the Team Builder Talent Cloud® group if you are chosen for this beta program. Accept your invitation and we'll add you to the Team Builder Talent Cloud® group, giving you access to these select client jobs. You'll be notified of available jobs via email or access them anytime by going to your Find Work page, then clicking on "Team Builder Group" under My Talent Clouds. If your agency joins, all your agency members will have access to these jobs.
When you submit a proposal to a job in this beta program, a talent scout will pre-screen all the proposals and then submit a list of top matches to the client. You'll need Connects available to submit a proposal, but they won't be collected unless your proposal is listed. A talent scout may reach out to you during this process to confirm your skills and availability. Clients will then go through an interview and hiring process with the freelancers they choose. As with jobs in the public marketplace, the client - and not Upwork - will decide who to hire.
Remember that when accepting a contract with a client through the Team Builder group, you are committing to work 30 hours per week beginning on the start date you specify when you submit a proposal. In hiring you, the client is committing to pay a minimum of 30 hours per week starting your second full week of work together. You and your client can still agree to pause billing on the contract.
Contract Terms & Weekly Minimum Earnings
A contract in this beta program is similar to a standard contract on Upwork with one exception:
- You and your client agree on "weekly minimum earnings" of 30 hours per week.
This means you commit in your contract with your client to work for at least 30 hours each week. In return, your client commits to paying for at least 30 hours a week. Like a retainer, the weekly minimum earnings secure their time and yours. This beta is for clients and freelancers serious about working together on a dedicated engagement. Therefore, each week, the client will automatically be billed a minimum of 30 hours at the agreed-upon hourly rate. If they receive more than 30 hours of work, they will be billed for the actual hours.
As always, you and your client can agree to pause or cancel your contract at any time. The weekly minimum earnings start the second full week of the contract (i.e., the second Monday after the contract start date), for every week when billing on the contract isn't paused for any period of time.
What makes Team Builder different?
How is this different from a regular Upwork marketplace job?
- Only freelancers accepted into the Team Builder Talent Cloud® group can submit proposals for these jobs.
- Talent scouts will help source and screen freelancers.
- Once you've found a fit, you accept a contract with your client to commit to working at least 30 hours a week.
How is the Team Builder Beta different from Pro and Enterprise?
- Upwork Pro and Enterprise are premium services that provide a higher level of service and vetting to clients at a higher cost. Both require more rigorous application processes from freelancers. However, clients posting jobs in those programs are not necessarily looking to hire for longer-term roles on their teams.
- The beta program is designed for clients looking to hire dedicated freelancers for longer-term roles on their team. For every job they post as a Team Builder job, a talent scout helps source qualified freelancers available and committed to working 30+ hours a week.
- You can learn more about Pro here and Enterprise here.