Enterprise clients pay freelancers for their work the same way as marketplace clients:
- Hourly – Pay your freelancer weekly based on the negotiated rate of the contract. Our time-tracking app and Work Diary eliminate cumbersome manual invoices.
- Fixed-Price Milestones – Agree with your freelancer on a list of milestones (prefunding each with escrow) and the money will be visibly held on the Upwork platform. Once your freelancer completes a task, you will release the funds held in escrow for that particular milestone.
Your initial company setup with your account rep will include selecting the most appropriate billing method. Please speak to them if you have any questions about your current method or need to change.
Generally, Enterprise clients choose one of these options:
- Your company receives a monthly invoice for all transactions assessed to the account
- Track your amount due in Reports > Transaction; the negative balance in the account indicates the amount due for invoicing
- Pre-fund a balance in your Upwork account used to pay freelancers
- Need to forecast activity and deposit enough funds to ensure there is sufficient balance to pay freelancers
- Your company manually initiates each transfer from your bank to Upwork’s escrow agent (may take up to 3-5 business days)
- Automatic billing to your card, similar to billing for marketplace contracts
- Incurs payment processing fees
Fees associated with payment processing, compliance services, and all other Enterprise client services are negotiated per your Upwork Enterprise Agreement. Please contact your account rep with any questions.