The Upwork Community is a place where you can ask and answer questions, search topics, learn, socialize, network, and get updates about Upwork.
Specific Upwork-related questions asked in the Community forum are typically answered very quickly, either by a member of the Upwork team or by an experienced member of the Community.
The Community is also where members can share input on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have any ideas on how we can improve their experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share that feedback.
Things you’ll see in the Community:
- Different discussion categories, including:
- Updates for official Upwork communication, including product updates, announcements, and feedback
- Community Blog to find tips and best practices and a wide range of articles
- Discussions to interact with other members
- Groups for people who share something in common, such as location, work skills, and categories, or personal interests, can come together to share experiences, questions, tips, and conversation.
- Academy to find interactive courses, resources, and coaching
- Events to find meetings with industry leaders and fellow professionals virtually or in a city near you
- Search functionality to find or post a question from the search bar
- Community profile page to find your latest posts and kudoed posts
- Private Message feature
- A kudos function that lets you quickly like a post or reply
If you have an Upwork account, you’re already set to use Upwork Community. You’ll be able to sign right into the Community by going to community.upwork.com or from your navigation bar by selecting the question mark or the word Help (Upwork is gradually updating the navigation bar) and selecting Community and Forums.
First, familiarize yourself with the Community Guidelines found on our Announcement board.
Then just select a thread to join a discussion, or select New Topic to start your own.
No, your participation in the Community is not reflected on your work profile.
You can use the search bar to search for threads on these features and how to use them. You can also start your own thread for questions you have by selecting New Topic.
When on the Community page if you select the portrait icon in the top right corner of the navigation menu you will be directed to your Community Profile, here you can see your latest post, kudoed posts and those you’ve kudoed.
New Community members are unable to access certain features until they’ve begun posting on threads. This limits spam posting. If you have a specific question it’s better to post it on a board.
If you have been banned or restricted you will see a notification detailing the reason when attempting to log-on to the Community. If you feel this notification is in error, contact Upwork support using the Get Support button in the bottom right corner of any Help page.