We understand that as a freelancer, your work needs are always shifting. If you started an agency that you now would like to close, you may.
If you close your agency, your agency “company” will be closed and the agency's profile will be deleted, but your individual freelancer account will remain active. Your Job Success Score will update to reflect only your own personal contract history. This will include agency contracts where you were the one hired.
Only the agency owner can close the agency.
To prepare the agency for closing, you must
- Remove all team members from the agency in Settings › Members & Permissions
- Close all open contracts associated with the agency in My Jobs › Contracts
- Close all open proposals associated with the agency in Find Work ›Proposals
- Ensure that all payments have been received and withdrawn from Upwork
Then, you can close the agency
- Go to Settings › Agency Profile
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Choose the Close my Agency link
- If you meet the requirements, choose the button to confirm that you want to close your agency