Clients can send a Bring Your Own (BYO) invitation to freelancers they know outside Upwork. They're asking you to join Upwork and continue doing business with them through our platform.
Benefits of joining Upwork
Upwork helps you connect with top businesses around the world, or near you. We simplify the process of managing your projects, collaborating, and invoicing clients. With Upwork, you’ll experience:
- Simplified invoicing and payment processing; work is covered by Upwork Payment Protection and clients are invoiced automatically on hourly contracts
- Get paid within days of completing work; payments become available for withdrawal within days of completing your work
- Find additional work with global companies; with hundreds of thousands of active clients, finding new work has never been easier
Before creating an Upwork account, you should
- Identify account email address; to receive project requests and client communications
Setup your freelancer account
Once you receive an invitation, it’s time to create your Upwork account.
- Click on the link from your invite to activate your account
- Enter basic information to set up your account
Once your account is created, the next step to getting started is to accept the contract. Then, you can go back to your Settings to:
- Add a payment method; setting up a payment method is required to withdraw earnings. Click here to learn more about managing how you get paid
- Complete your profile; having a well-written and complete profile will help you stand out and land new projects. Click here to view sample profiles and best practices