Your safety is our #1 priority. Due to Covid-19, all live events are currently virtual events, hosted through Zoom, GoToWebinar, or other online tools. You can find a list of these upcoming events here. As soon as it is safe to do so, we will start hosting in-person events again. We can’t wait to see you there!
We love seeing talented people succeed. And we want to help you do so on Upwork.
One of the ways we do that is by offering educational and networking events. These events not only give you valuable tips, but also help you connect with the community of talented freelancers who use Upwork.
Upwork team members, as well as Upwork Ambassadors around the world, host:
- Expert talks
- Focus groups
- Social events
- And more!
While we hope you can join us live for these events, we also record many webinars so you can watch them at any time. You can visit our events and webinar page to register for upcoming events or watch recordings of past events.
Here’s a list of our most common, recurring webinars, which you can view at any time:
- Get started with freelancing on Upwork –– Are you ready to start working as a freelancer on Upwork? Upwork's Onboarding Specialist, Samantha Huls, shares with you some of the most important steps to successfully get started on Upwork. She explains the importance of creating a profile that stands out, how to search for jobs, and top tips on submitting your first proposal and getting hired. You'll also learn how to build your reputation and ratings and other useful information to get going on the right foot!
- Profile makeover –– Learn how to optimize your Upwork Profile for maximum exposure with Upwork Ambassador Will Simpson. You’ll walk away with a clear understanding of the benefits of a great Upwork profile and you’ll know how to leverage these tips from successful freelancers like Will for all sections of your profile. Learn the pro tips that make a great profile! An improved profile can mean more projects, so dive in!
- Proposals that sell –– In-depth training on how to craft a killer proposal, the kind that drastically increases your chances of winning the best projects. In this talk, Upwork Ambassador Neal Strauss discusses how to grab a client’s attention with a customized proposal. You’ll walk away with the strategies that top freelancers use to write winning proposals and land great projects.
- Professional best practices on Upwork –– As a freelancer, you are running your own business. Do you know how to take advantage of the benefits of being a business owner and reduce risks? In this webinar, Upwork Ambassador Regan Murray shares ideas on how you can set up your business properly and stay safe on Upwork. This includes topics such as best practices to consider when setting up your business, tips for building a profitable business from Top Rated freelancers, and recommendations for staying safe on Upwork.
- Pricing best practices –– You are in control of setting your rates, and there are different approaches to pricing your freelancing services. In this webinar, Upwork Ambassador Neal Strauss shares best practices on bidding strategies from top freelancers. After the webinar you will be able to understand which pitfalls to avoid when setting your rates, implement bidding strategies and tactics used by top freelancers, and identify what clients value that may be associated with higher pay rates.
- Upskill & grow your freelance business –– Studies often find that a large majority of freelancers update their skills regularly to ensure they’re marketable in today’s evolving job market. Do you invest in your professional growth?
In this webinar Upwork Ambassador Regan Murray covers how you can identify your areas for growth and which resources you can leverage to stay competitive. This webinar will help you understand why upskilling is important and learn about the top in-demand skills on Upwork. You’ll hear upskilling tips and resources from top freelancers on Upwork.
- How to start your agency on Upwork –– Is creating and running an agency on Upwork right for you? In this webinar, Upwork Ambassador Dana Rowley explains the key differences between using Upwork as a freelancer and as an agency. You'll learn more about the functionalities of Upwork agency accounts and be inspired by the stories and experiences of top agencies that have succeeded on the platform.
In addition to our live and recorded webinars, we also offer other educational (and fun!) networking events:
|Event Details||Who Can Attend|
|Expert Talks||Enjoy educational, content-rich panel discussions, fireside chats, or lectures from a top freelancer or industry leader. Each Expert Talk is dedicated to a specific topic relevant to freelancing. Choose the ones that interest you most!||Open to everyone who registers. Find these on the events page!|
|Focus Groups||Enjoy educational, content-rich panel discussions, fireside chats, or lectures from a top freelancer or industry leader. Each Expert Talk is dedicated to a specific topic relevant to freelancing. Choose the ones that interest you most!||Invite-only. Invitations may be based on talent’s specific skills and industry, Freelancer status, such as being Top Rated, or other criteria.|
|Social events||Network and socialize with other talent at both small and large scale events. Activities include Ask-Me-Anything events, breakout sessions, quizzes, themed holiday parties, and other fun get-togethers.||Invite-only, due to limited seating and to give everyone who attends the opportunity to participate.|
Registering for an event is easy!
1. Go to the Events page
2. Choose the event that you want to attend
3. Click on View Event
4. Click on Sign Up
5. Enter your name and email
6. Click on Register You’re registered! Next, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
The events are usually free to attend. If there is a fee or other cost for participating, we will let you know ahead of time. You do need to register to attend though. Once you have successfully registered, you will receive a confirmation email. Usually this will be sent by the hosting platform, such as Zoom or GoToWebinar.
Find upcoming events that are open to everyone on the Events page. Plus, we promote some events in-product or on social media, such as on our Facebook page. Some events are by invitation only. You will receive an email invitation if we invite you to attend.
Some events have limited seating and are by invitation only so that we can accommodate everyone who responds. Even when an interactive event is virtual, we want to make sure that everyone who attends has an opportunity to participate. Some of the events we offer provide skills- or industry-specific information or are for freelancers who have a specific status, such as new freelancers or Top Rated talent. And we consider the location, language, and time zone of the event when sending invitations.
Since we work with talent in over 180 countries, we host events in several languages, including English, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Serbian, and Romanian. We will list the language that will be used for the event on the events page or on your email invite.
We use Zoom, GoToWebinar, and other online tools.
Yes, we record many webinars and Expert Talks so that you can watch them at any time. You can find these on the past events tab of the Events page. Some recordings are embedded as Youtube links; others are accessible as Zoom recordings. Once an event is over, it may take approximately 1 business day for the recording to be available.
If you have a special skill or experience that you would like to share, please feel free to contact us here. We would love to hear from you!