At Upwork, we’re always looking for ways to help you connect with the right clients and projects. Our Expert-Vetted program helps identify and promote top-level talent.
Only the top 1% of talent on Upwork qualifies for Expert-Vetted talent status, and only those in select categories are eligible. These users have gone through a thorough screening process that evaluates technical expertise and soft skills.
Only freelancers and agencies who work in these categories can become Expert-Vetted:
- Web, Mobile, and Software Development
- Design and Creative
- Sales and Marketing
Expert-Vetted is available by invitation only. You'll be invited to interview, where your vetting process will vary by still category. This screening process makes sure you have the expertise and the professionalism needed to be successful as an Expert-Vetted freelancer.
The screening interview includes:
- Hard skill analysis with professional Talent Managers to ensure the highest level of competence
- Soft skill assessments, including reliability and communication skills
Benefits of becoming Expert-Vetted
When you earn Expert-Vetted status, you’ll get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Be identified as the top 1% of talent on Upwork
- An Expert-Vetted badge on your profile that displays to Upwork Enterprise clients
- A dedicated Talent Manager who can help optimize your profile and coach you through Upwork strategies
- Opportunities to partner with Enterprise and Talent Scout clients, including Fortune 500 companies
- Ability to offer consultations to share expertise with clients
Frequently Asked Questions
This badge is invitation-only, meaning we will reach out to you if you qualify. After being invited, you’ll go through a screening process that tests your abilities and professionalism to make sure you have what it takes to be successful as an Expert-Vetted freelancer or agency.
When you’re Expert-Vetted, you’ll get an Expert-Vetted badge that displays to Enterprise clients and opportunities to work with a Talent Manager to hlep you optimize your profile. This is the highest level of badge you can receive as a freelancer or agency on Upwork!
The Expert-Vetted badge process varies for each agency, and may depend on your category.
Right now, the badge is available in five categories: Web, Mobile, and Software Development, Design and Creative, Sales and Marketing, HR, and Consulting. We limit the badge to specific categories based on the screening needed to qualify. We hope to expand to more categories soon!