At Upwork, we’re always looking for ways to help you connect with the right clients and projects. Our Expert-Vetted program helps identify and promote top-level talent.
Only the top 1% of talent on Upwork qualifies for Expert-Vetted talent status, and only those in select categories are eligible. These users have gone through a thorough pre-screening process that evaluates technical expertise and soft skills.
Only freelancers and agencies who work in these categories can become Expert-Vetted:
- Web, Mobile, and Software Development
- Design and Creative
- Sales and Marketing
Expert-Vetted is available by invitation only. Once invited, you’ll be given a series of individual tests (when applicable) and interviews. This pre-screening process makes sure you have the expertise and the professionalism needed to be successful as an Expert-Vetted user.
The pre-screening process includes:
- Hard skill analysis with professional Talent Managers to ensure the highest technical competence
- Testing to check expertise in your domain
- Soft skill assessments, including reliability and communication skills
- Personal interview
Vetting processes vary by skill category.
Benefits of becoming Expert-Vetted
When you earn Expert-Vetted status, you’ll get to enjoy the following benefits:
- A dedicated Talent Manager who understands your strengths and helps match them to the right clients
- Opportunities to partner with high-impact Marketplace, Enterprise, and Talent Scout clients, including Fortune 500 companies
- Reduced fees starting at 10% for Featured Jobs
- A badge that displays your Expert-Vetted status on your profile and proposals to Upwork Enterprise and Business clients
Learn more about Expert-Vetted Talent here.
Frequently Asked Questions
This badge is invitation-only, meaning we will reach out to you if you qualify. After being invited, you’ll go through an intense pre-screening process that tests your abilities and professionalism to make sure you have what it takes to be successful as an Expert-Vetted freelancer or agency.
When you’re Expert-Vetted, you’ll work with a dedicated Talent Manager to help you find the right clients, Opportunities to partner with high-impact clients, reduced fees, and a badge that displays your Expert-Vetted status. This is the highest level of badge you can receive as a freelancer or agency on Upwork!
Most often, we’ll invite agency owner(s) to become Expert-Vetted. If they are a good fit, we’ll badge the entire agency profile.
Right now, the badge is available in three categories: Web, Mobile, and Software Development, Design and Creative, and Sales and Marketing. We limit the badge to specific categories based on the extensive pre-screening and testing needed to qualify. We hope to expand to more categories soon!