Fact: relationships create opportunity, and we want you to have more of them!
Connecting clients and talent is the essence of Upwork. This December, we’re improving our virtual currency, Connects, for you to do just that: CONNECT with clients and get more work.
We introduced Connects to help you get the jobs you really want, and to keep spam from crowding job posts. Combined with hard work from you and diligence from our Trust and Safety team, we’ve cut down on a lot of that noise.
Now, you can do more with more Connects! In early December 2020, you’ll see these changes take Connects to the next level.
Changes to Connects
- Awarding 10 connects for each interview won: when freelancers and agencies submit a proposal, win an interview, and respond, they can earn up to 50 connects every 7 days
- Increasing the Connects that new talent get from 20 to 40, PLUS the chance to win another 40 for passing the Upwork Readiness Test
- Increasing the monthly free Connects on the Freelancer Basic plan from 0 to 10
- Increasing the monthly Connects on the Freelancer Plus plan from 70 to 80 (that's 10 FREE Connects!)
- Increasing the Freelancer Basic and Plus Connects Rollover Limit from 140 to 200
Connects to Get Started
When a new freelancer successfully registers on Upwork, they’ll receive 80 Connects to start building relationships.
They’ll also be rewarded with more Connects for taking the Upwork Readiness Test and earning a Rising Talent badge.
Connects to Reach Out
Each month, freelancers will get FREE Connects to find their next opportunity! Freelancer Basic accounts receive 10 free Connects each month, and Freelancer Plus accounts receive 80 free Connects each month.
You’ll also be able to keep more Connects at the end of each month, with a new rollover limit of 200. Just remember that they’ll still expire if you don’t use them within a year, so keep reaching out!
Connects to Unlock Your Potential
Connects are your way to build long-lasting relationships, whether you work as a freelancer or as part of an agency team on Upwork.
Now, when you submit a proposal to a client and win an interview, you’ll get a bonus of 10 Connects after you complete your interview. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days to win the jobs YOU want!
- Submit a proposal to a job.
- Win an interview from a client.
- Respond and win a bonus!
Note: Direct offers and invitations from clients won’t receive a Connects credit.
Learn more about why we’re making these changes directly from Hayden Brown, our CEO.