Project Catalog is a feature-rich browsing experience on Upwork. Whether searching by keyword or casually exploring the listings, simply choose a project from a freelancer's "digital shelf” to connect directly with talent.
It’s our hope that Project Catalog makes it easy and effortless to browse potential projects, discover great talent, and get more done!
What can I find on Project Catalog?
Freelancers craft defined work with a set cost, timeline, and package of deliverables to feature on Project Catalog. The projects display in tiles, which you can select to learn more details about the talent and their work.
Find a project
You can browse Project Catalog in two ways.
- Under Hire Talent on the Upwork homepage, look for Get Started and choose Shop by project.
- Start typing in your search bar. In the drop-down suggestions, you’ll be able to choose among Browse freelancers and agencies, Shop by project, or Explore similar jobs. Choose Shop by project.
How do I purchase a project from Project Catalog?
Once you purchase a project, you will receive the list of information the freelancer needs from you to get started. It’s off from there!
You'll find the steps you can take to purchase a project listed below.
- Browse Project Catalog. Search by details including service options, budget, and delivery time.
If you have questions about a project, send a message and ask!
- Select the package and pricing you’d like, and choose Confirm.
You’ll submit payment to get the project started, but the payment won’t be released to talent until the project is complete. For more information, see Escrow Instructions.
- If you don’t already have an Upwork account, you’ll have the chance to create one.
- Submit your payment information and choose Confirm. Once your order is complete, you’ll be able to connect with talent to discuss the project details.
- Next, you’ll be asked to Submit Requirements. This is the key information that talent needs to get started on your project!
Remember, your project timeline will not begin until you submit the requirements. If you do not submit requirements within 48 hours, your project will be cancelled.
- Start your project! You’ll be able to discuss the details with your freelancer, and ask any additional questions.
Remember, to access all the features of Upwork, you’ll need to verify your email address.