Two of the most important parts of developing strong working relationships with your clients and having projects run smoothly are staying organized and communication. Because we want you to succeed on Upwork, we’ve created a new organizational tool, to-do lists.
Using to-do lists is completely optional, and both you and your client must agree to use the feature. If you do, you both will have full access to add to and edit the list. If you are working on a project with multiple other freelancers, you will all have access to the same to-do list.
Create a To-Do List
Once a contract is active and all parties have agreed to use a to-do list, find the contract under My Jobs > All Contracts. Click on the contract and you’ll see a “TO-DO’S” tab — this is where you’ll build your list for this contract. Each contract will have it’s own list for you to use, if you like.
To add a to-do item to the list, click the “+ Add a to-do” button. This opens the “Edit your to-do” panel, where you can:
- Create and name an item for the to-do list
- Assign it
- Add an optional, non-binding due date
- Describe the to-do, providing details, objectives, etc.
Use the To-Do List
Each item is organized into a tile on the To-Do list page. All of an item’s information is displayed in this tile so that the information is accessible at a glance, without having to click into the to-do item itself.
To open or edit an item, or to mark it as completed, click the stacked-dots button at the left side of the tile.
To maximize its usefulness as an organizational tool, we’ve built some filters into the to-do page:
- Activate the “Only show your to-do’s” toggle at the top of the to-do list to filter out any items that are not assigned to you.
- Completed to-do items are automatically hidden from the list to keep things neat and clear. To review completed items, click the “Show completed” link at the bottom of the list.