To better manage spend, Enterprise clients can now authorize up to four users to approve all contract offers before they are sent to a freelancer. This enables your company to take more control of work with a system that’s easy for your employees to use, while providing approvers the visibility they need.
To get started, contact your Program Success Manager to help map your business requirements and designate specific users for an approval role.
How it works
- If enabled for your company account, an approval may be required to “Make Offers,” “Make BYO and Payroll offers,” or both. Hiring managers will be prompted for an approval if it is required.
- Your administrator can configure up to two approvers in as many as two steps (creating up to 4 approvers total, if needed). All approvers are required to sign off before you can move ahead in the process of making an offer.
- The approver list and status can be found on your approval request.
- Job posts do not require approval at this time.
For approver roles
You will be notified if you are configured to be an approver
- Select Jobs in the navigation bar.
- Select the Approval Requests tab.
- This dashboard will default to pending requests requiring your attention, but you can also filter by other statuses.
- You will also receive an email notification when an approval request requires your action.
If approvals are not required for your team, but would like to utilize it, reach out to your Program Success Manager.
- Access the relevant approval request through the dashboard or the email notification. You can access the dashboard by selecting Jobs > Approval Requests.
- Select a contract to access all details related to the approval request.
- Respond with Approve or Decline. An email will be sent to the requester to notify them of your response.
For hiring manager roles
When sending an offer (direct, BYO, or payroll), you will be required to select an approved request to associate with the offer. Approval requests can only be used for offers on the same team.
- Once the offer is submitted, the approval request can no longer be used (one time only).
- If the offer is modified, the approval request will be carried over to the updated offer.
- If the offer is withdrawn by the client or not accepted by the talent, the approval request is available to be used on another offer.
- Be sure to select the approval that applies to your offer. If an approval request hasn’t been created yet, you can create one from this screen by selecting Create approval request from the drop down.
- If an approver declines a request, the hiring manager will be notified. After determining why it was not approved, the hiring manager can submit another request for approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
If approvals are not required for you but would like to utilize it, reach out to your Program Success Manager.
The approval feature allows a client account to take more control of what they’re spending. A hiring manager will always have to receive clearance before proceeding with hiring. It helps your business enforce internal compliance policies.
The approval carries over with modifications. If an offer is modified, but was approved, it will remain approved.
Both hiring managers and approvers can access this feature by selecting Jobs in the navigation bar and choosing Approval Requests.
When an approver declines, the hiring manager will be notified. From there, the hiring manager will need to determine why it was not approved, and can submit another request for approval.
The approval request is declined even if only one approver declines.
- From the dashboard, select Create Request in the upper right corner to complete the form.
- Enter the relevant details and choose Submit. The approver will be notified of the request.
After you create a request for approval, your company’s authorized approver is notified. They approve or deny the request. If the request is approved, you will select it from a drop down menu when you send a contract offer to a freelancer.
Only authorized users can approve or deny a request. If you are an authorized approver, you’ll be notified through email of any new requests. You can also find them by selecting Jobs in the navigation bar and choosing Approval Requests. Select the relevant approval request and approve or decline the request.
You can find the approver specified on the approval request page.