Now it’s time to get ready for your meeting. For best results, choose a quiet place free of distractions where you feel relaxed. Consider any lighting issues, such as window glare, for the time of day that you’ll be meeting. Don’t forget to check your video, microphone, and internet connection.
- Review the requirements that the client sends within 24 hours of receiving them. You can cancel the project without affecting your Job Success Score within those first 24 hours if you realize you’re not the right fit for their needs. (If you cancel, we’ll give the client a full refund.)
- Get ready for your meeting. For best results, choose a place where you feel confident and that’s free of noise and distractions. Consider any lighting issues, such as window glare, for the time of day that you’ll be meeting. Don’t forget to check your video, microphone, and internet connection.
- Show your professionalism by being on time and courteous in your interactions with the client. If you’re more than 5 minutes late, your client can consider the consultation a no-show and get a full refund. If your client is more than 5 minutes late, you can submit for payment and write “No-show” in the text box.
- Take careful notes during the meeting to develop any documents you included in your project description—a project plan, time and cost estimate, or a meeting summary. For a meeting summary, we recommend noting what you presented, what questions the client asked, what recommendations you gave, and anything else that might help your client.
- Send your documents to the client. To qualify for payment protection, you’ll need to send the documents you described in your project within the timeframe you set in the project price and scope. If you and the client are planning on working together again, include next steps to help your next project move forward. If you and the client agree to skip the documents, the client can opt-out of receiving documents after the consultation and go ahead and approve and pay in the workroom. You’ll still be protected in that case.
Frequently Asked Questions
For now, this feature will only be available to Top Rated Plus freelancers who have sold a consultation in the past. We are working hard to expand this feature to all freelancers who offer consultations in the near future.
To show you’re online and ready to start receiving consultation requests:
- Turn on the option to Meet now in the side panel of Find Work page
- Decide how many hours you want to be online
- Receive consultation requests from clients
- Meet with clients within minutes
When someone requests to meet now, you'll be notified and have one minute to accept, decline, or message the client. If you don’t respond or message the client within a minute, we’ll turn off your availability to meet now.
When your set working hours are over, your consultations won't have the option to meet now.