Teams makes it easy to organize different departments, groups or functions within your Upwork account.
By dividing contracts for each group into different teams, you can achieve:
- Better visibility into time logged & spend per group
- Tighter control over admin or hiring privileges within each team
- Streamlined billing via charging each team directly to that group’s billing method
Learn more about enabling teams here.
Uses for Teams
- Separate Reports: Keep track of milestones submitted, hours logged, activities completed, payments made and current work being completed by each team. For example, see how your Mobile App team is tracking on a project budget versus your Web Development team.
- Distinct Members & Permissions: Keep your contracts organized by type, department, project, or role. For example, separate your translators’ contracts by language or your mobile developers by app or OS. Then you can set permissions so that your team leads can review work diaries and work submitted only for their team.
- Designated Financial Account: You choose which teams share finances and which are kept separate. Managing interdepartmental budgets is simple since you can assign the appropriate payment method or PO for each team. Whether it is the Marketing department’s credit card or the company bank account, internal accounting becomes more efficient.