We know that you may have more than one skill to offer your prospective clients. That’s why we developed Specialized Profiles. They make it easier for clients who are searching for someone with your skills to find you and review your relevant experience.
With a specialized profile, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. For example, you can separate out the work you've done as a mobile game developer from your work as a translator or graphic designer.
Create a Specialized Profile
Edit a Specialized Profile
Keeping all your profiles up-to-date helps you attract clients, You can update your profiles with more recent portfolios, new certifications or experiences, and more. You can also remove or replace information that is no longer relevant. There may also be times when you want to focus on certain types of projects and skills — you have the option to hide profiles for other skill sets at those times. You can always update or edit your profile information.
- Unpublish — Hides your specialized profile so only you can see it.
- Delete — Completely removes your specialized profile (cannot be recovered).
- Edit — Each section of a profile will have an Edit or Add option that allows you to make updates and changes. You can switch between profiles at the top to edit the parts that are customized to that profile view.
- Switch Specialty — Perhaps you want to switch your profile listing from "Accounting" to "Bookkeeping." Under profile settings, select the option to Switch Specialty, then confirm with the Unpublish & Continue button. The wizard will guide you through the update.
If you only have one specialized profile, you will not see the option to delete or unpublish it. But you can always edit the information for accuracy and to reflect your current experience and skills!
Frequently Asked Questions
A general profile shows all the projects you have worked on in Upwork. We designed this type of profile to show all the skills you offer to your potential clients. A specialized profile only shows the work history for the projects you choose to feature. It gives you the opportunity to describe one skill or service in more detail. On each specialized profile you’ll set:
- A title, overview, and rate
- Which of your portfolio and work history items show
- More detail about the type of skills you have within a particular job category
The rest of the parts of the profiles (except those listed above) will be the same across profile views:
- Educational background, employment history, certifications, other experience, languages, availability
- Portfolio project details — titles, attachments, and other details will be the same everywhere they appear
- Job Success Score
If you edit a shared part of your profile, the changes will show across all profile views.
Your profile will contain an indicator that you have other specialized profiles, and the client will have the option to switch between those versions when viewing your profile (similar to how you switch between versions when editing your profile).
While viewing your specialized profile, you can use the Copy link button to send a unique link to your specialized profile. This link is unique to each of your specialized profiles.