The ability to request an Upwork API Key is only available to Upwork Business and Upwork Enterprise account owners. To request a key, please fill out a request form. Requests should follow the guidelines and instructions below.
Your account information must be verifiable
- Your account must be registered under your own name with your company name added, if different from your name
- Your complete, physical address must be listed under Company contact
- Your account must have a profile photo
Your usage of the API must comply with the following restrictions
- Must not exceed a reasonable request volume. Our daily allowed limit is 40K requests
- Must not use the Upwork logo, brand name, brand theme/colors, trademarks or copyrighted content in the API key request form or the app you will develop
- Be used for a non-commercial purpose
* Commercial use of the Upwork API is available only to select commercial partners with prior permission. Please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details of any potential commercial use of our API.
Ensure project description is clear, accurate, and complete
- State whether your usage will be exposed to third parties or will be for private use
- State precisely what you plan to use the API for
Once you have taken the steps above to ensure you and your app qualify for consideration, click here to register for an API key.
You will receive an email approving or rejecting your request. If your request is rejected, check that you followed all the guidelines above. Once you make the necessary changes to your account and/or application, respond to the rejection email you received and let us know. We will review the API key request one more time.