Connecting with the right clients and rewarding projects can help you thrive as an independent freelancer.
That’s why we’ve created several easy ways for you to search for jobs that match your skills and interests. You can also save job posts that you are interested in, to apply later.
Perform a job search
- Go to Find Work or Job Search
- Type a basic keyword search in the box, or choose the Advanced Search link for more options.
- On the search results page, use the filters on the left to further narrow your results.
Trying several search combinations and a variety of filters can help you find the projects you're looking for more quickly. Your search results include a “Filter By” menu on the left. Some filter options include:
- Job Type
- Hourly Rate
- Number of Proposals
- Client History
- Project Length
For even faster searching, our searches accept logic operators like “AND” and “OR.” Our Advanced Search option will perform complex logic for you.
Save a job search to your job feed
- Perform a search and filter as desired.
- Choose the Save Search button at the top of your search results.
- Give your saved search a name. This will become the name of the corresponding saved search feed.
Once you have saved a search, a job feed will appear on Find Work Home. Jobs matching the saved search keywords and filters will appear within the feed. The My Feed jobs feed will contain all the jobs matching your saved searches. You can also access, edit, or delete your saved search criteria by clicking into the search box while on the search results page and selecting it from the menu that appears.
Keeping your saved filters up-to-date will help you make sure that your job leads match your current interests and skills.
Save a job search to your RSS or Atom feed
Following your feed is simple! You can turn any search into an RSS or Atom feed to receive automatic updates in a third-party feed reader. Each feed will return up to 50 results per update.
Save a feed from the Find Work home page:
- Choose the three dot menu on the Find Work page. It is available on every feed — “My Feed,” “Best Matches,” and so on.
- Select the RSS or Atom link from the menu.
Save a feed from the Job Search page:
- Perform a search on the Job Search page and filter as desired
- Choose the RSS or Atom link at the upper left hand corner of the search results
Save a job to view later
We know you don’t always have time right now to submit a proposal, so you can save a job and do it later. Saving a job will add it to your saved jobs list.
- Find a job you are interested in, either from the Find Work home page or the Job Search page
- Click the heart button next to a job on the search page, or the Save Job button in the job details
- The job will be added to your Saved Jobs list
Frequently Asked Questions
The Upwork job search algorithm matches your query to the content of job posts, including category, skills, title, and description.
You can conduct a search by inputting your target keywords into the search box or by using the Advanced Search function. Once you start typing in the search box, you can select one of the autosuggestions in the dropdown to help you find what you need faster.
Once you’ve conducted a search, you can use filters to narrow down the results to the jobs you’re most interested in.
You can save a search to easily view new jobs matching your criteria right on the Find Work home page, and update or tweak your saved searches on the Job Search page.
Boolean search works by applying complex logic to keywords and keyword strings. Our Advanced Search function automatically applies Boolean operators to your searches.
If you’re not happy with the results of your searches, click the thumbs down button in the search results. We actually use this feedback to make improvements, so be sure to give specific details.