We want to help you enjoy success as soon as possible. So, we developed the Rising Talent badge to help highlight some of the best new members in the Upwork marketplace.
A Rising Talent badge may help you get started more quickly, grow your client base, and establish your reputation on Upwork.
We’ll display the dedicated Rising Talent badge on your profile, proposals, and Project Catalog projects. You’ll also get the following benefits:
- Reduced fees (starting at 10%) on Featured Jobs
- A one-time bonus of 30 free Connects
- Access to chat and ticket support from our specialized support team
Once you have enough work history on Upwork, we will automatically replace your Rising Talent status with a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.
Become Rising Talent
We highlight Rising Talent professionals who have demonstrated great potential either on or off Upwork. They usually have strong backgrounds in their fields and early success with Upwork clients. Rising Talent agencies are new agencies that either have strong backgrounds in their industries or that were started by Top Rated professionals.
If you are new and qualify to become Rising Talent, we’ll invite you via email.
If you received an invite, you can follow the link in the email to take the Upwork Readiness Test and get your badge.
To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:
- Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
- Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
- Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
- Keep your availability status up-to-date
- Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
- Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
- Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
In addition, agencies must also have:
- 2 or more team members
- Maintain a 100% complete agency profile
- Maintain a 100% complete agency owner profile
- Maintain a 60% or higher average profile completeness across the agency
Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. Even professionals who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent if they have skills that are in demand.
Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to see the Rising Talent badge on your profile after meeting the qualifications.