New Rising Talent badging is currently paused. See here for details and updates.
For a comparison chart of program eligibility and benefits for freelancers, click here.
The Rising Talent program provides freelancers and agencies without a long history on Upwork (and no Job Success Score) with extra perks to get started, grow their earnings, and establish their reputation quickly to prospective clients in the marketplace.
Rising Talent freelancers and agencies have great potential based on strong backgrounds in their fields and early success with their clients on Upwork. While anyone without a Job Success score is eligible to participate in the Rising Talent program, there is no application process. New freelancers are added to the program when they qualify.
As Rising Talent, you must:
- Deliver great results to your clients
- Complete your projects on time and as promised
- Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials
- Agencies need a 100% complete agency profile (including logo, services provided, and overview), 100% complete agency owner profile, and agency member profiles with an average of at least 60% completeness
- Keep your availability status up-to-date
- Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
- Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
- Have been active in the past 90 days (submitting proposals or delivering work) or have joined in the past 30 days
- Agencies need 2 or more team members
If you are selected as a Rising Talent, you will receive an email welcoming you to the program or inviting you to complete your profile to qualify. As a reminder, we look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market. Therefore, even new freelancers who have yet to complete any projects on Upwork can be admitted into the Rising Talent program.
Fast Track to Become a Rising Talent Freelancer
Are you an expert with proven industry experience? You can apply to join the Premium freelancer programs and, if accepted, you will also be admitted to the Rising Talent program.
Fast Track to Become a Rising Talent Agency
Top Rated freelancers who open a new agency will have Rising Talent status awarded to their new team.
As a Rising Talent, you receive the following perks:
- A Rising Talent badge on your profile to help you stand out to clients
- Inclusion in a premium talent pool from which top clients source talent
- A one-time bonus of 30 free Connects for you to submit more proposals to clients
- Access to chat and ticket support from a specialized customer support team
- Personalized profile tips to help you effectively market your freelance services
Additional benefits of Pro include:
- Exclusive access to pre-screened Pro clients looking for top talent
- Opportunities to submit proposals to work with fast-growing startups and Fortune 1000 Enterprise clients
Graduating from Rising Talent
Once you have enough history, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success score. Once you earn a Job Success score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.
Visit our Hiring Headquarters for more resources to help you grow your freelance business on Upwork: